06 November 2011

Notes to Self - Art journals

RRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journal
RRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journal
RRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journal
RRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journalRRunning,journal
Art journal, a set on Flickr.
I have been filling empty books for 35 years - these are some of the recent ones from my time in Chihuahua, Mexico and my  visual odyssey back and forth across the borderlands and my home in Northern Arizona.  I enjoy their  randomness -  sometimes I see lines I'm following unfold in odd or non-linear patterns - an archtypes- mermaids; southwestern imagery; exotic women- fotos from my friends- fotos I admire - paintings -elegant oriental or colorful folk art -   I still want to draw more -but find myself blogging or face booking- but I still love to sit and drink coffee in bed with my half full book/ books.  I am less hung up on staying in one book - I often find myself  carrying around a couple of them these days -  letters, notes - torn out magazines, words that catch my eye. I still travel with a glue stick, and enjoy a new pen with a thin line - my journals have been my best traveling companion and refuge where I return to myself when I feel lost and dare to dream.

No comments: