18 April 2010

A FENCE rises in the southwest



I admire strong bodies of work like this. But GAUD how it makes me feel a mixture of deep sorrow, disbelief; desensitized by the media's hounding...the wolf spirit in the book, The Crossing comes to mind....I don't know this photographers work but I am thinking about what he saw and wonder what he personally thinks about it all.... How many days, the heat, the driving, the people and circumstances; I wonder what was playing on the radio- I wonder about both sides of the issue or what it's like to be the fence being in the middle. As one of my FB friends responded; it is not a black and white issue. What do these images say to you? What side are you on? How and how could this become a different reality? I feel I have miles of work to do..... so best get busy !

The Border Fence Rises in the
Southwest
javascript:void(0) SHOT BY Anthony Suau for TIME

I also learn alot from photographer Michael Berman and writer Chuck Bowden;
http://www.fragmentedimages.com/

Here's one of the first feelings of the border...still have a long way to go. I have hope for human solutions from what I've learned working for founder, Gil Gillenwater. An impassioned group of friends and bicycle enthusiast are doing AMAZING work on the frontera. www.Ranchofeliz.com

No comments: